Reserves for Instructors
In order to keep our students safe, Morris Library will not provide print course reserves. We will assist faculty by making scans from our local holdings that can be made available to students via D2L. If the item is not in our holdings, but you own a personal copy and would like assistance with creating digital copies, we are happy to help.
How to request a scan from the Morris Library collection:
- Log in to your Interlibrary Loan account. If you don't have one or have forgotten your password, you can create a new account or reset your password.
- Once you have logged in, Click "Request a pdf".
- Enter all available information: requests without the information necessary to identify the item/article, may be canceled. Requests should include:
- One chapter per request
- Full Title and Author Name
- ISSN/ISBN (This is especially helpful with titles that have many editions)
- Course number in the note field
- Click submit. Requests are processed on a first come-first serve basis. You will receive an email when your request is completed and ready.
Below is an example of what an ILL request for a chapter scan should look like. If you have any questions, please email Marissa Ellermann (email@example.com) or Nathan Fortmeyer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
How to request a scan of a personal copy:
- Send an email to email@example.com indicating the item you will be bringing, the chapters you need scanned, and the date you will be bringing the item to the library.
- Place individual ILL requests for each chapter you will need scanned. See above example.
- In the note field, indicate what your course number is and when you will be delivering the item.
- These will be processed as they come in. While we will process these requests as quickly as possible, we recommend all requests be made 2 weeks prior to the start of the semester. You will receive an email when your request is completed and ready.
All items scanned will be sent to you via the ILL portal unless other arrangements have been made. If you need assistance uploading any materials to D2L and/or need these articles to be OCR ready, please contact Priscilla Pimentel (firstname.lastname@example.org) in CTE.