- Laptops are reserved for current SIUC student use only.
- Courtesy Card and Guest Login Card holders are not eligible to check out laptops.
- Each patron will be required to sign a Laptop Checkout Registration & Liability Form to enroll in the program and this form must be filled out at the Circulation Desk.
- Laptops may be checked out for the semester. You can NOT renew these online or without talking to the Head of Circulation, Marissa Ellermann.
- Never leave the laptop unattended or loan it to another individual. You are responsible for it the entire time it is in your possession.
- Save all personal files to a personal flash drive, other storage device, or send to your email account. Any files left on the hard drive will be deleted during the update of the machine. Neither SIUC nor Morris Library is responsible for the recovery of personal files saved on the laptop's hard drive.
- Laptops must be turned in to the Circulation Desk (1st floor) 15 minutes prior to library closing.
- Laptop, AC adapter and bag are all reviewed for damage at both check out and check in.
- When returned, a receipt will be emailed to your SIU email account.
! Laptop Fines ! Laptops Not Returned on the due date immediately go to Lost Status. This will result in a $1200 replacement fine. Return on time to avoid these hefty fines! (Chronic abusers may have laptop privileges suspended.)