Some of the materials available through Morris Library are stored outside of the library building. To access these, you will need to place a request.
How to Request Materials
- Use I-Share @ Morris
Use your I-Share @ Morris account to request most materials, including journals, from Off-Site Storage. Requested materials will be brought to the Circulation Desk for you to pick up.
- Use Interlibrary Loan
Use your Interlibrary Loan account to request journals that are not listed by individual volume.
What to Expect
- Items from the Storage will be ready for pickup within 24-48 hours, excluding weekends.
- You will receive an email when your items are ready to pickup. You can also track your request in whichever system you used to make the request (I-Share @ Morris or Interlibrary Loan).
- Most materials will be held for 14 days before they are returned to the shelves. Short loan materials, like journals, will be held for 5 days. The pickup email will include the date the item will be reshelved.
- Some items in Morris Library cannot be requested. Non-circulating items like materials in the reference collection, or short loan items like DVDs, and music CDs. Requests placed for these items in your ILL account will be cancelled and you will be notified that you must pull these materials yourself.
- Help locating materials is available at the 1st floor Information Desk.
About the Facilities
Off-Site Storage is closed to the public. We can make special arrangements if you must access materials shelved there for your research. To visit our off-site storage, contact Steve Sawyer, Circulation and ILL Manager, 618-453-2754 or email@example.com.