Southern Illinois University Carbondale-affiliated users can access Morris Library's online resources from any device with an active connection to the internet. If you're having trouble connecting to a resource, please follow the steps below.
Use our proxy bookmarklet.
- Make sure you are accessing the resource from the Morris Library web page (https://www.lib.siu.edu), not a bookmark or typing in the URL directly.
- Southern Illinois University Carbondale (SIUC) faculty, staff, and students who try to access licensed electronic resources from off-campus through a commercial Internet Service Provider (e.g. Verizon, Mediacom or AT&T) need to be authenticated by the library’s proxy server.
- The proxy server uses your Network ID and password to authenticate you as a valid member of the SIU community.
- The links on the library's website include a code that will prompt you to authenticate with your DawgTag number and password.
- Use the SalukiTech page if you need help with Network ID and password recovery.
- Use a recent version of Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox.
- Check your browser settings.
For Internet Explorer:
- Go to “Settings” in the Navigation bar and select “Internet Options”.
- Click “General” tab. Under “Browsing history” click “Settings”. Make sure “Every time I visit the webpage” is selected.
- Click “Security” tab and make sure Internet Globe is selected. Under "Security level for this zone" set the slider to Medium-high.
- Click “Privacy” tab to set the setting of the Internet zone to Low. Under "Pop-up Blocker" leave the box unchecked.
- Make sure you click Apply, then OK.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to “Tools” in the Navigation bar and select “Options”.
- Click “Privacy”, under History check the box to “Accept cookies from sites”.
- Click "Content", under Pop-ups leave the box unchecked.
If you've tried the above items, and you are not being asked for your Network ID and password, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the database/journal you are trying to access, the URL of the webpage listing the database/resource you are trying to access, your browser, and your name.