Borrowing from Another Library
Materials located at other libraries may be delivered to Morris Library for you to use. To speed the arrival of the book, journal, or article you want, please use the correct request form.
- Check for the item in ALL I-Share libraries. Items requested via I-Share @ Morris will arrive quickly, usually within a week. Please do not request articles from other libraries through I-Share @ Morris. Articles should be requested in your Interlibrary Loan account.
- Request the item through interlibrary loan. Please use interlibrary loan to request articles and items that are unavailable at Morris Library or in I-Share @ Morris. You may search WorldCat for information on titles available at other libraries.
Materials received from other libraries through I-Share or Interlibrary Loan are held at the Circulation Desk for up to two (2) weeks and then returned to the lending library. The actual date items will be held until will be indicated on the email notice you are sent when your materials arrive and are available for pick-up.
Other Carbondale Libraries
- SIU students and faculty may obtain a card to use the SIU Law Library's collections. Much of the Law Library's collection is non-circulating.
- Students, faculty, and staff who live in Carbondale may borrow materials from the Carbondale Public Library after obtaining a library card.
- A Carbondale Public Library card also allows you to obtain books from other libraries in the Southern Illinois Library Network.