What's Up at Morris Library
- Wearing a face mask is necessary to enter the building! Social distancing when inside is required.
- Questions? Ask them online!
- All eight floors of Morris Library are open Sunday through Friday to access Wifi, use study space, or pick up physical items requested from the stacks. Group study rooms are unavailable. Enter and exit through the north or east doors.
- For in-depth research help, schedule a one-on-one session with one of our librarians.
- Go to our FAQ for more information.
- Articles & Databases
- Books & More
- OpenSIUC (University Research)
- Reference Materials
- Research & Subject Guides
- Special Collections
Ask a Librarian
Help Us Help You
The breadth and depth of the Library's collection helps SIU attract the brightest students and scholars. To ensure the Library remains vibrant please consider making a gift.
New! Video Guides for Research Help
Morris Library has been hard at work creating videos for your classes. These instructional videos cover library skills and concepts ranging from citation and databases to academic honestly. See if there’s something useful to your class or let us know if there’s a video you’d like us to make!
- APA 7 citation style: Walks through citing an article from a database in APA 7 citation style.
- MLA 8 citation style: Walks through citing an article from a database in MLA 8 citation style.
- How to print in Morris Library: Explains, step-by-step, how to print in room 139, the lab that's available during the pandemic.
- Full list of videos
Changes for the Spring Semester
- We have a new online catalog! Some functions are different now catalog and our reference staff will be happy to assist you through chat or email.
- Want a book from our collection? We will be happy to pull it and make it available for pick up in the Delyte’s study area. Request items you find in the online catalog. using the 'Request' link under 'Get It'. Library stacks are closed indefinitely to the public. Learn more about the request process in our FAQ.
- Need an article from a journal or a chapter from a book? We’ll scan our copy if we have one or get it from another library if we don’t. Submit requests through Interlibrary Loan.
- Reserve textbooks will not be available this spring, but instructors are encouraged to use our services to have chapters of texts or other needed materials scanned for use on D2L.
- Remember, we have lots of online access to books and journal articles.
- Access to Special Collections, Microfilm, and Government Documents is available by appointment only.