What's Up at Morris Library
- Masks are required for those individuals who are not fully vaccinated.
- Questions? Ask them online!
- All eight floors of Morris Library are open Sunday through Friday to access Wifi, use study space, pick up physical items requested from the stacks or browse all library materials. Group study rooms are currently unavailable. Enter and exit through the north or east doors; the south doors remain closed for the summer.
- For in-depth research help, schedule a one-on-one session with one of our librarians.
- Go to our FAQ for more information about our pandemic response.
- Our old front page layout will be available for a limited time.
I Want To ...
The high-cost of textbooks is one of the factors that affects student learning outcomes and student success. Students avoid certain classes, drop a class, or do poorly when they cannot afford the text for a course. Morris Library's Open Textbook Faculty Incentive Program supports undergraduate students by creating incentives for teaching faculty to use alternative lower-cost educational materials rather than high-cost textbooks. This may include the adoption or adaption of an existing open textbook, or, in some cases, the creation of a new open textbook. Sponsored by Morris Library, a small fund will be available annually for faculty teaching undergraduate courses.
The incentive program is now accepting proposals. The submission deadline is September 17, 2021, and award notification will happen by October 1, 2021.
Learn more about the initiative and awards at https://libguides.lib.siu.edu/oer/facultyincentiveprogram.