What's Up at Morris Library
- The library proper is closed until further notice. Watch this space for updates.
- The Delyte’s study area and Computer Lab 139 are open. Computer stations are limited to 14 seats and are available for SIUC students, staff, and faculty only.
- Wearing a face mask is required to enter the building!
- Go to our FAQ for more information.
- Articles & Databases
- Books & More
- OpenSIUC (University Research)
- Reference Materials
- Research & Subject Guides
- Special Collections
Ask a Librarian
Help Us Help You
The breadth and depth of the Library's collection helps SIU attract the brightest students and scholars. To ensure the Library remains vibrant please consider making a gift.
A Message from the Friends of Morris Library
The Friends of Morris Library Board would like to thank you for your past contributions and support!
This year, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we regrettably cannot hold our annual fall fundraiser event. Without the generous support of corporations and individuals such as you, we are unable to fulfill our mission to provide some of the essential extras that benefit the library's educational and scholarly needs.
As a result of your financial support last year, the Friends were able to provide:
- A Podcast studio and equipment in which students and alumni have utilized. The University Press recently used this space to produce an audio book
- A Glowforge Laser Printer/Cutter which uses a beam of light the width of a human hair to cut, engrave, and shape designs from a variety of materials
- Financial support for Library Facilities/Technology needs
- Financial support for “Constitution Day” held annually at Morris Library
- Major funding for the 2020 Day of Giving
Your past support has also made funding possible for Apple laptops for student/patron in-library use, a state-of-the-art scanner, support for a 3D printer, additions to the library collection, and so much more!
We anticipate future contributions may support a three-year faculty initiative designed to create free textbooks for SIU students.
And with your help, the library will continue to expand its support for students and faculty as they experiment with new media like virtual reality.
Please consider giving this year! Your generosity supports our continued mission to the largest research library in the region which serves students, faculty, and scholars, both on campus and from around the globe. Thank you in advance for giving to the Friends of Morris Library before our current campaign ends on October 2, 2020!
Toni Vagner, President
Friends of Morris Library
Your contribution by check is payable to Friends of Morris Library and should be mailed to:
SIU Foundation, Colyer Hall, Mail Code 6805, Carbondale, IL 62901.
Questions may be directed to Morris Library Administrative Office at 618-453-2522.
SIU Carbondale and the SIU Foundation retain a small percentage of all gifts to enhance philanthropic-related initiatives.
Changes for the Fall Semester
- We have a new online catalog! Some functions are different now catalog and our reference staff will be happy to assist you through chat or email.
- Want a book from our collection? We will be happy to pull it and make it available for pick up in the Delyte’s study area. Request items you find in the online catalog. using the 'Request' link under 'Get It'. Library stacks are closed indefinitely to the public. Learn more about the request process in our FAQ.
- Need an article from a journal or a chapter from a book? We’ll scan our copy if we have one or get it from another library if we don’t. Submit requests through Interlibrary Loan.
- Reserve textbooks will not be available this fall, but instructors are encouraged to use our services to have chapters of texts or other needed materials scanned for use on D2L.
- Remember, we have lots of online access to books and journal articles.
- Access to Special Collections, Maps, Microfilm, and Government Documents is available by appointment only.