What's Up at Morris Library
- The library proper will remain closed until at least August 17, 2020. Watch this space for further updates.
- The Delyte’s study area and Computer Lab 139 are open Monday-Friday 10am – 4pm. Computer stations are limited to 14 seats and are available for SIUC students, staff, and faculty only.
- Wearing a face mask is required to enter the building!
- We have a new online catalog! Some functions are different now catalog and our reference staff will be happy to assist you through chat or email.
- Want a book from our collection? We will be happy to pull it and make it available for pick up in the Delyte’s study area. Request items you find in the online catalog. using the 'Request' link under 'Get It'. Library stacks are closed indefinitely to the public. Learn more about the request process in our FAQ.
- Need an article from a journal or a chapter from a book? We’ll scan our copy if we have one or get it from another library if we don’t. Submit requests through Interlibrary Loan.
- Reserve textbooks will not be available this fall, but instructors are encouraged to use our services to have chapters of texts or other needed materials scanned for use on D2L.
- Remember, we have lots of online access to books and journal articles.
- Access to I-Share materials and Interlibrary Loan will resume in late July, barring interruptions.
- Access to Special Collections, Maps, Microfilm, and Government Documents is available by appointment only.
- Go to our FAQ for more information on any of the bullets above.
- Articles & Databases
- Books & More
- OpenSIUC (University Research)
- Reference Materials
- Research & Subject Guides
- Special Collections
Ask a Librarian
Help Us Help You
The breadth and depth of the Library's collection helps SIU attract the brightest students and scholars. To ensure the Library remains vibrant please consider making a gift.
Events Canceled: Delta Awards Ceremony & Friends' Book Sale
In accordance with the university request that events with over 25 people expected be postponed and to practice social distancing regarding COVID-19, the Friends of Morris Library Book Sale, scheduled for April 17-18, and the Delta Award Ceremony, planned for April 14, have been canceled. Both events will be rescheduled.
Our Staff Rocks!
Know a Morris Library employee who has gone above and beyond? Let everyone know about it with a shout out!
The latest: Beth Martell
I have found the summaries of leadership books Beth has put out by the circular desk on the first floor of Morris Library very helpful. I am preparing materials for an Honors student leadership retreat. Thank you, Beth, for these great resources summarized and thank you Morris Library staff for all that you do for this campus. We really appreciate all of you and your hard work!
Submitted by Melinda Yeomans, Ph.D. Associate Director University Honors Program (March 5, 2020)