Directions & Parking
Morris Library is located at the center of the Southern Illinois University Carbondale campus.
Morris Library, Mailcode 6632
605 Agriculture Drive
Carbondale, IL 62901
Saluki Express is SIUC's bus and shuttle service. Routes and schedules vary by semester so check the Saluki Express website for current information.
Parking on Campus
There are number of parking lots available near the library. They are marked on the map above. You can also visit the university Parking Division website for maps and updates.
To Morris Library from Hwy 51 (Illinois Avenue / University Avenue)
- Take Hwy 51 to Mill Street
- Turn west (slightly uphill) onto W. Mill Street
- Travel on Mill St. for less than two blocks to S. Normal Ave.
- Turn left and go south on S. Normal Ave. until the road curves at the flagpole
- Follow the curve to the right onto W. Grand Ave.
- Parking for Morris Library will be on the left near the end of Grand Ave. There are a limited number of meters for visitors. SIU students, faculty and staff must have a parking permit and park in the appropriate lot for their permit. More locations for parking can be found on the campus parking map available from the Parking Division.
To the Illinois Regional Archives Depository from Hwy 51 (Illinois Avenue / University Avenue) — Currently not accepting walk-ins
- Take Hwy 51 to W. Mill St.
- Turn west onto W. Mill St. and continue on W. Mill St. to Oakland, where you cannot go any further on Mill.
- Turn left and travel south on S. Oakland Ave. to W. Chatauqua St.
- Turn right onto W. Chautauqua St.
- Go west on W. Chataqua St. for about one half mile to McLafferty Rd. It will appear that you are traveling away from the SIU Carbondale campus. At the turn for McLafferty Rd., the sign to turn south will say McLafferty Rd. and to turn north will say Briarwood Dr.
- Turn left onto McLafferty Rd.
- Travel south on McLafferty Rd. for about one half mile
- Turn onto University Press Dr. to access the parking lot.
For large groups arriving to Morris Library, you may reference the Campus Map below to find lots recommended for bus access. Please utilize these areas to minimize the impact on campus traffic.
Lot 1 is recommended for dropping off and picking up guests. Buses can easily enter and exit at this location without having to turn around completely. Lot 1 is located West of Rehn Hall and Lawson Hall.
We ask that you park buses in Lot 56 during the duration of your visit. Lot 56 is located in front of the SIU Arena.
If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact:
Morris Library Administration Office: