Student work opportunities are often available at Morris Library for SIUC students. Applications are accepted throughout the year.
Current Student Employment Opportunities
- All employment opportunities for students at SIUC, including opportunities in Library Affairs, are posted online through the SIUC Financial Aid office.
- Search online for student employment opportunities at the Financial Aid website by selecting "Library Affairs" from the Department drop-down menu.
- Be enrolled at SIUC for the required number of credit hours listed in the Student Employment Handbook.
- Meet the experience and skills requirements (if any) listed in the position description.
- Hours vary depending on the position.
- Work shifts are available seven days a week between 7:30am and midnight.
Tips for Applicants
- Please note on your application all hours you are available to work.
- Effective time management skills, dependability, accuracy, and a strong service orientation are important for all positions in Library Affairs.
- Typing skills or computing / technology experience are required for some positions.
- Foreign language abilities are preferred for some student positions.
- Including previous employment and volunteer experience on the application is very helpful.
- Resumes may be attached to application forms.
Availability of Positions
- Most positions are filled during the first three weeks of the Fall semester.
- Additional hiring occurs on an "as needed" basis throughout the year.
- Applications are accepted even if there are no open positions.
- Applications will be kept on file for the semester in which they are received.
- Please pick up an application at the first floor Information Desk or the library Administrative Office on the second floor or email the Administrative Office at email@example.com.
- Download and fill out a Microsoft Word-format application.
- Your completed application should be printed and sent either by campus or U.S. mail to the address listed below or hand-delivered to the Library Affairs Administrative Office in Morris Library Room 290 on the 2nd floor or the Information Desk on the 1st floor.
- Printed applications are available Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm, from the Library Affairs Administrative Office in Morris Library Room 290 on the 2nd floor and at the Information Desk on the 1st floor.
Student Employment Applications
Library Administration Office
Morris Library - Mail Code 6632
Southern Illinois University Carbondale
605 Agriculture Drive
Carbondale, IL 62901