Laptops for Checkout
- Laptops may be checked out by SIUC patrons with a current, valid SIUC photo ID card.
- Courtesy Card and Guest Login Card holders are not eligible to check out laptops.
- Each patron will be required to sign a Laptop Checkout Registration & Liability Form to enroll in the program and this form must be filled out at the Circulation Desk.
- Laptops may be checked out for a 4-hour time period and may be renewed, depending upon user demand.
- Laptops must be used within the library's security gates.
- Laptops are configured with the same software as the public computers in the library. Attempts at installation of other software will automatically be blocked.
- Never leave the laptop unattended.
- Save all personal files to a personal flash drive, other storage device, or send to your email account. Any files left on the hard drive will be deleted each night during the updating of the machine. Neither SIUC nor Morris Library is responsible for the recovery of personal files saved on the laptop's hard drive.
- Laptops must be turned in to the Circulation Desk (1st floor) 15 minutes prior to library closing.
- Laptop, AC adapter and bag are all reviewed for damage at both check out and check in.
- When returned, ask for a receipt and keep it for at least three months.
! Laptop Fines ! A late fee of $60/hour ($1.00/minute) will be charged if the laptop is returned late ($300/5-hour maximum). Return on time to avoid these hefty fines! (Chronic abusers may have laptop privileges suspended.)