Morris Library offers a number of services to distance learning students. Faculty should visit our page on our services for distance learning instructors..
Access to Library Materials
- You have the same access to electronic resources as do our on-site students. Access the majority of those resources on our Articles and Databases page.
- If you need materials that are not available electronically, you will need to request them though our Interlibrary Loan form (see below for instructions).
- You can request an unlimited number of books, photocopies of articles, CDs, videos, and government documents.
- You can request items that are not at Morris Library, but this may take several weeks.
- You may not request required textbooks for your classes or items on reserve at Morris Library.
- If you need something in a reference book or a book on reserve at Morris Library, please notify Amber Loos, 866/241-1567. or call
- There is no charge for these services.
Delivery of Library Materials
Use the Interlibrary Loan form to have journal articles, books, and other materials sent to you, either from Morris Library's collection or from other libraries.
- Important: Do not request materials using I-Share's built-in request systems. If you use this form, you will not receive your materials.
- Please contact David Bond (866/241-1567) if you accidentally use the request feature in our catalogs. or
- The library will send copies of journal articles electronically; as an attachment to an email or as a link posted to your ILL account. If the article is from a journal that is not part of Morris Library's collection, this process may take a few weeks.
- Books, videos, CDs, or government documents will be sent to you through UPS 2nd Day Air. If the item is not from Morris Library's collection, it may take a week to 10 days or more to receive it and send it to you. You are responsible for returning these items to Morris Library.
Pick Up and Return Materials to Another Library
If you live close to another CARLI member library, you may have your books sent to that library to save time.
- You will have to go to the library and pick up your materials.
- Please make a note in the comment box on the interlibrary loan form that you wish to have your book sent to a particular library. Contact Tammy Winter (866/241-1567) before using this option. or
You may return books to any CARLI member library or Illinois public library. This will save you the shipping charges.
- Be sure to get a receipt.
- Contact Tammy Winter (866/241-1567) before using this option. or
Return Library Materials by Shipping
You are responsible for the cost of returning books to Morris Library by the due date listed for the book in your library account. Return books via U.S. Mail, UPS, or FedEx to the following address:
Southern Illinois University Carbondale
605 Agriculture Drive
Carbondale, IL 62901
Request Help Using These Services
Questions about finding articles/books
Also try our Ask A Librarian service, available to the left.